Bhusme Tamang Homestay is one of the beautiful homestay village of Nepal. The village is popular for its rich ethnicity, agricultural productivity and vantage point to see beauteous view of Marshyangdi valley and mighty Himalayas. This village is developing as a hub of agritourism as most families of this village make living through agriculture. Tamang Homestay village Bhusme is on the high hilly region and its a most visit destination for people who want genuine homestay experience. The place is suitable if you would like to volunteer in a eco organic farm in mountain of Nepal in Annapurna region.
|Activity||Agriculture volunteer / Teaching volunteer|
|Accomodation||Be here Now guest House in Kathmandu / Homestay in Bhusme|
|Start / End Point||Kathmandu/ Kathmandu|
|Duration||4 weeks to 20 weeks|
|Max. Altitude||1800 m|
|Meals Included||All Meals Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner|
|Group Size||1 and more|
|Nature Of Volunteer||Agriculture assistance, Teaching assistance|
|Best Season||Mar, April, May, June, July, Sep, Oct and November|
|Working days||Sunday to Friday (Saturday is off day)|
|Activity Per Day||Approximately 4-6 hrs per day|
|Transportation||Kathmandu – Besishar- Bhusme-Kathmandu by Public transport.|
About the Trip
Join Third Eye volunteer Foundation Nepal’s beautiful Tamang homestay Bhusme volunteer stay program. This trip offers you authentic Nepal stay volunteer experience program staying in Annapurna region of Nepal in a beautiful and culturally rich Bhusme Tamang homestay.
- High altitude farming, Potato farms, garlic farms and many seasonal vegetable farms
- Stunning view of Annapurna Himal, Manaslu Himal and panorama of many dozens of white peaks
- Explore Peace hill, Baraha Pokharai, nyagdi hydro dam etc
- Exploring the Buddhist culture by visiting their ancient monasteries, shrines and stupas
- Visit Tamang and gurung ethnic community
- No altitude sickness as the highest point will be at 3100m at Baraha Pokhari
- Private or shared rooms in Homestay
- Know traditional farming methods of Nepal.
- Eat organic homegrown organic food.
- Live a life exploring Nepali family values.
- Play sports with village boys / Be social
The Bhusme agricultural volunteer program in Nepal is rewarding volunteer program being with local tribes people staying in beautiful mountain village. Bhusme is just 5 Km drive or walk from Khudi village which is gate way of famous Annapurna circuit trekking. The bhusme village is big village with more than 50 families where 10 houses are ready to host travelers/ volunteers in their home. All the homestay has basic touristic standards of living.
The village is not crowed by many tourists. And view of sunrise and sunset from the village surprises you. The ridgelines, dense forest of rhododendron is near the village. The peaceful view of Marshyangdi valley at evenings recreates you. Also can see special view of night sky.
The village is 220 Km far away from Kathmandu. After arriving Beshishar we will have options of staying a overnight and hike second day to Bhusme Tamang homestay or take a jeep from Beshishar to Bhusme to reach Tamang homestay Bhusme in 30 minutes drive.
Please ask us more information about Bhusme Tamang Homestay agricuture volunteer program and we will send you more details.
Third eye volunteer Nepal guarantees safety security and program satisfaction of volunteers providing authentic volunteer programs with most reasonable prices. We expect our volunteers to be more enthusiastic, open and positive outlook for maximum self transformation from program and to make best contribution to the host family and community through cross cultural and knowledge exchange. you will be always under our care and if in case of sickness or any help we coordinate with the host family and take suitable actions.
Nepal Volunteer Visa
Visa of Nepal can be obtained upon arrival at Nepal airport or pre obtained at the nearest Nepal consular of your stay. Nepal visa can be extended from Nepal immigration if you decide to extend and stay longer through www.immigratiion.gov.np The visa application will require at least a passport of 6 months’ validity, and a passport size photo. The current cost of the visa fee is the US $50 for 30 days which have to be paid in cash on arrival at Tribhuwan International Airport. Citizens of China and the SAARC countries will receive a free visa. There are certain countries (Nigeria, Ghana, Zimbabwe, Swaziland, Cameroon, Somalia, Liberia, Ethiopia, Iraq, Palestine, and Afghanistan)that may not receive the visa on arrival and so you will have to contact your local Nepalese embassy.
Extra personal expenses on Nepal Volunteering
The program cost includes airport pickup, drop, major transportations, food and accommodation. The entrance fee to Heritage sites tour in Kathmandu and meals on tour days will be on your part. You will also need some pocket money for your extra expenses like internet bills, extra snacks outside the homestay etc. Roughly people manage with 50$ per week for private expenses. If you would like to extend the trip or go weekend outings etc then you should think of managing more money.
The program cost will be 500 $ per person. It is to be paid in full amount upon your arrival in Nepal.
The program cost includes follows
- Kathmandu to Besishar by public transport.
- Homestay accomodation in Bhusme village
- All Standard Meals during volunteering and Kathmandu stay in Be Here Now Guest House
- All government, Local taxes and official Expenses
- Assistance in arranging rescue operation in case of complicated health condition (funded by travel insurance).
- Souvenir – A company’s T-shirt & Cap
- Third Eye Volunteer Foundation Nepal certificate after over the successfully volunteering.
- Farewell Dinner at the end of the volunteering
- Orientation and language classes
- Kathmandu sightseeing trip
- local cooking class
- airport pick up and drop
Day to Day Itinerary
Day 1: Pick up from Kathmandu airport and stay at Be Here Now Guest House
Day2: Kathmandu sightseeing
Day3: Orientation, local cooking etc
Day4: Drive from Kathmandu to Besishar at 6:30 am and take a jeep from Beshishar to Bhusme. Meet homestay and get settled.
Day5: Wake up in morning and drink tea. First day visit around village. Know about locality, culture etc
Day 6: Wake up in morning. Breakfast and leisure mornings. Go to school teaching or farm activities at 10 am. Lunch either together with family at 9:30 am or 12 noon as per your choice. Free evenings to read, play with village kids etc. Dinner at 6:30
Day 7- Day 26: Mostly same as day 6. You can make flexible schedule if you like as per your activity intrests.
Day 27: Drive back to kathmandu to stay at Be here now guest House. ( but you can drive to Pokhara or chitwan or go Annapura circuit trek if you have extra travel/ trekking programs
Day 28 and 29: Free day for tours, shopping etc
Day 30: Fly back home
Equipment lists for Nepal volunteer trip
It is recommended to carry the basic clothing and accessories needed for the Nepal volunteering mission. The followings are suggestions that should be brought, although we understand that our volunteers have their own preference of clothing. Equipment can be bought in Kathmandu in cheaper prices as well however you can bring your own.
- Sun hat or scarf
- Winter hat or insulating hat or Wide brimmed hat
- Headlight with extra batteries
- Sunglass with UV protection
- Face/body wipes
- Light weight gloves
- Heavy weight winter glove
- Light weight gloves
- Heavy weight winter gloves
- Hiking shirts
- Long sleeved shirt
- Hooded rain jacket
- Fleece jacket
- Light weight cotton pants
- T- Shirt (bring Light weight wool)
- Polypropylene underwear
- Down jacket (available in rent in Kathmandu)
- Water proof jacket and pants
- Hiking Boots
- Thick wool socks (Take an extra pairs of thick light socks)
- Backpack or daypack (Size depends on whether you take porter or not).
- Thermal bottle
- Water purification
- Trekking pole
- Sleeping bag (-15 bag is best in the winter)
- Medium size drying towel
- Tooth brush
- Tooth paste
- Deodorant floss
- Bio degradable bar soap
- Nail clippers
- Small mirror
- Cell phone
- First aid kit
- Extra passport photos and photocopies of passport
- Notebook and pen